28 July 2010

30 Things...

...to do before I'm 30

OK, so here are the rules. Each item is something I haven't done before, and something that I believe is a realistically attainable goal. Also, I have tried for the most part to avoid things based largely on the opinions and actions of other people (e.g. writing a novel is something I can do on my own; writing a best-selling novel depends on other peoples opinions). Obviously there are a huge number of things that could go on here, but I picked the first ones that popped into my head.

The list is presented in no particular order, and some items I deemed a bit too personal to include on the public list (if you really want to know them, you can ask me and I'll consider sharing).

  • -Omitted-
  • -Omitted-
  • Get a tattoo
  • Write a novel
  • Spend a week in the woods (or other wilderness type place)
  • -Omitted-
  • Get a PhD
  • Cook my way through a cookbook
  • Learn to play an instrument passably well
  • Become proficient in a martial art
  • Eat at a 5 star restaurant
  • Read at least half of 'The Great Books'
  • Visit every continent (still have to get to Africa and Antarctica)
  • -Omitted-
  • Give away or sell all my excess junk after graduation
  • Save (in some form) at least $15,000 (AUS)
  • Go on a date without regard to cost
  • See a country music act live in concert
  • Learn to ride something with 4 legs or less than 4 wheels (bikes don't count)
  • Travel to Uluru
  • Become fit enough to pass this.
  • Put together a GOOD bag and BOAT.
  • Swim naked in the Pacific Ocean
  • Give blood
  • Purchase some land
  • Fly in a helicopter
  • Have a research paper published
  • -Omitted-
  • Drive a car faster than 100 mph
  • Grow and eat my own food
Go on and make your own list (post it in the comments, if you like/anyone still reads this)! Stay tuned in 9 years for a recap of this and 40 things I'll do before I'm 40.

2 comments:

  1. you never gave blood before?
    and i never knew youve been to asia and south america. and to be honest im not sure you would have the guts to get a tattoo if youve never given blood before.
    also since i dont really want to take the time to think up and write down thirty things im going to write down five.

    1. go to south america
    2. get into/graduate grad school
    3. read northanger abbey and emma so i can say ive read all jane austen's books
    4. see the taj mahal(isnt that sad? ive been to india like 5 billion times and i never even saw the most famous thing there)
    5. witness an olympic event of some sort

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have an interesting and articulate blog here, Austen! Which means you should prolly blog more. ;D

    ReplyDelete